1 can of pinto beans
1 clove of garlic
few squirts of Sriracha sauce
salt to taste
2 tbs canola oil
⅓ cup onions, diced
1 tbsp butter
1 small tomato, diced
10 eggs, whisked
sharp cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup salsa verde
7 – 8 “ flour tortillas
1. In a food processor, combine the pinto beans, garlic, Sriracha sauce, and salt. Pulse the beans until they start to stick together. Slowly start adding water until the beans thin out and become a creamy consistency, similar to a thick soup.
2. In a frying pan, heat the canola oil. Add the beans, and fry on medium heat stirring occasionally. Once the beans begin to thicken and hold their shape, approximately 5 minutes, remove from the pan and set to the side.
3. In a large frying pan or wok, fry the onions with butter until translucent. Add the diced tomatoes and continue to fry until the juice from the tomato has evaporated.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, or mix with an immersion blender until foamy. Add the eggs to the onions and tomatoes, and on medium heat flip the eggs continuously until light and fluffy. Remove from the heat.
5. To assemble the burritos, place one tbsp of refried beans, smearing it in a line down the middle of the wrap. Add 2 large scoops of scrambled eggs. Top with shredded cheese and a spoonful of salsa verde.
6. Wrap the burritos with Saran wrap and store in the freezer for up to a month. To heat, remove plastic wrap and microwave for 30 seconds on each side.